One of our clients in Southeast Houston is looking for a Warehouse/Custodian worker for a temp to hire opportunity.
The primary scope of this position is to support the coordination of activities related to the acquisition, disposition, and control of equipment, supplies, and/or material and procedures to coordinate the transfer of re-usable/recycling equipment and material. In addition, this role will be assigned to daily custodial tasks Corporate Office and its satellite properties both owned and leased by client. The Warehouse/ Custodial Specialist also performs related minor maintenance tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Handles the acquisition of property, supplies, and/or materials from other agencies, to include transporting and warehouse of materials. Assembles property as needed.Inspects goods and materials, and assesses condition for distribution and /or recycling purposes.Supports the disposal of property, supplies, and/or materials in compliance with Agency state and federal regulations. Responsible in being supportive of all safety procedures, training, and hazard elimination practices. Assumes responsibility for the timely completion of the custodial services below:
- Sweeps and mops floors, corridors, and stairs;
- Dusting as required throughout the assigned area;
- Washes windows, walls, blackboards, sinks, and other fixtures;
- Empties waste baskets, collects, and disposes of rubbish;
- Vacuums floors;
- Strips, waxes, and buffs floors;
- Moves furniture and arranges chairs, tables, and other equipment;
- On-call to clear water spills, both in and outside of buildings on walkways;
- Performs a variety of outside grounds keeping activities as assigned;
- Assists with cleaning, maintenance, and organization of the warehouse;
- Monitors and reports vandalism to client property;
- Ability to operate floor stripping and waxing equipment, power washers, rug shampooers, and wet/dry vacuum cleaners;
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to meet work schedules and maintain output of work under normal conditions;
- Must be able to qualify as an authorized driver for the agency;
- Must have demonstrated previous regular attendance, dependability, acceptance of responsibility; willingness to follow established procedures, cooperation with supervisors and fellow employees, and ability to react appropriately to changing work conditions as a normal expectations of the job;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of building cleaning practices, supplies, and equipment
- Must be able to follow simple oral and written instructions; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.
Essential traits for this position are as follows:
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with team members and management.
- Must be results oriented.
- Must have superior organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently or on teams in challenging work atmosphere.
- Must have an exceptional aptitude for attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to plan and complete tasks and assignments on-schedule with minimal supervision using appropriate judgment.
- Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment, discretion, maintain the confidentiality of all stakeholders.
- Must be able to contribute to building a positive team spirit; put success of team above own interests; support everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Must be able to show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promote a harassment-free environment.
- Must be able to treat people with respect and dignity; work with integrity and ethically uphold the Agency's mission and values.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
High school diploma or GED equivalency. One (1) to three (3) years experience in related job duties and responsibilities specified. Knowledge of warehouse methodology. Knowledge of material transportation procedure. Ability to determine materials, equipment, and supplies usability. Knowledge of general custodial duties.