We’re hiring a Shipping Clerk for our Southeast Houston area client!
We are looking for an experienced, reliable, hard-working employee to join our client’s team!
DESCRIPTION OF YOUR DREAM JOB:
- Job Title: Shipping Clerk
- Location: Southeast Houston area
- Pay: $18/hour
- Hours: Mon-Fri
- Duration: 3 month contract, possibility for hire
- Description of Duties: Busy Southeast Houston area company seeks a Shipping Clerk who can successfully perform the following job duties: Coordinate shipments with customers, carriers, and receiving customers. Calculate theoretical weight of products loaded to ensure shipments do not exceed DOT weight limits. Review the daily loading schedule and assign loading times to prevent demurrage cost. Keep an updated and accurate shipping log for customers and company’s shipments. Review Customer shipments and make adjustments as needed. Email customer logs, tallies, and other shipping documents to customers for all shipments. Procure 100% accuracy of weight limitation calculations for shipping schedule. Inform carriers of all safety equipment required for loading at the time of scheduling. Communicate and respond to customer inquiries concerning their inventories, shipments, and balances.
- Requirements: This position is a fast paced position where customer service skills is most important. Communicating with customers, carriers, and sales daily is essential. Excellent math and computer skills.
WHO WE ARE:
Carlton Staffing is a local staffing firm in Texas with 42 years of experience! We have connection with numerous hiring managers throughout Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth. An application with us is an open application with our rock-star clients. Don't wait another minute! Let our knowledgeable staff assist you today, visit www.carltonstaffing.com. #SEJOBS
Pay: $17.50 to $18/hour
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: SE-SC