One of our clients in Angelton has a direct hire opportunity for an : AQUACULTURE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
AQUACULTURE SALES REPRESENTATIVE is employed in the Aquaculture Feed Division. His duties shall include, but are not limited to, sales of product, service of existing accounts and solicitation of new accounts. AQUACULTURE SALES REPRESENTATIVE will work with management and marketing personnel to develop plans for sales programs, promotions and new products, and will otherwise promote, analyze, review and advise the Company of all aspects of sales and marketing of aquaculture feed products.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with Customer Service Department personnel to ensure that all orders are handled in an expedient and courteous manner.
2. Assist in developing monthly reports to track feed sales by product line and by customer.
3. Handle correspondence and communications with local and out-of-state customers. AQUACULTURE SALES REPRESENTATIVE will be expected to regularly travel to existing and potential market areas. Duties are estimated to be 50% traveling.
4. Become thoroughly familiar with aquaculture feed products, promotional literature, pricing policies, distributor network and field personnel.
5. Ensure that field personnel, distributors and representatives are provided with abundant support materials and communicate with them regularly to maintain a thorough knowledge of activities in each market area AQUACULTURE SALES REPRESENTATIVE will also maintain files on market areas and competition.
6. Plan and participate in promotional efforts at domestic and international aquaculture conferences and coordinate seminars and other promotional activities in major market areas. Duties will also include working with advertising agencies and printing companies to prepare new promotional materials.
7. Perform other tasks as may be assigned by this position's supervisor.
The incumbent for this position should have a college degree in aquaculture, fisheries, or food technology, and should have several years of experience working in the aquaculture industry. Experience in international business and knowledge of feed manufacturing technology is also helpful. Furthermore, the incumbent for this position must have the ability and discipline to work with minimal day-to-day supervision. A current drivers license is required for this position.