Who is Carlton Staffing?Carlton Staffing is a full service general staffing agency based in Houston, Texas with seven locations in the Greater Houston area, Dallas, and Fort Worth. We have some of the best people and highest energy teams in the business! We take work hard/play hard to new levels with fun contests, quarterly awards dinners, team blitzes, and an annual incentive trip with previous destinations like Punta Cana, Puerto Rico, Vail, NYC, and San Francisco! This year's trip? Los Cabos, Mexico in November!
A Day in your New Life
Imagine this: You drive to work and get there 30 minutes early to avoid the worst of the 8am traffic, but doing this means you can’t stop for your morning coffee fix. Instead, you order McDonald’s coffee from UberEats because it’s only $0.50 delivery and that is totally worth it! As you check the office voicemail you put an ice cold Red Bull on your partner’s desk because you know it’s her favorite and it’ll brighten her morning!
As karma would have it, when your partner arrives a few minutes later she brings you a breakfast taco your way and you feel so #blessed to have such a thoughtful partner!
Your Branch Manager is the next person to arrive and you smile at her cheery greeting, thinking to yourself that she has always reminded you of Katey Sagal (circa Married with Children, not Sons of Anarchy.) The three of you quickly huddle up for your daily meeting where the first topic of conversation is excitement over the amazing career fair you attended yesterday! You met with so many talented job seekers and your partner offers to help you follow up with all of them today. Then you discuss carpooling for the company’s quarterly awards dinner next Thursday evening and arrange branch coverage for the training seminar the following week. Once those ducks are in a row you catch up on each other’s activity from yesterday and iron out what your marching orders are for today.
You spend the morning doing back-to-back interviews which exhilarates you because the time flies and meeting new people is your favorite part of this job! When your last interview ends at noon you quickly eat the leftovers you brought from home while you run background checks on the candidates you interviewed that morning.
You’ve just started making your afternoon calls to job seekers when your partner announces a candidate has just accepted an offer from our client to start a new job this Monday! Your manager runs out of her office and gives the office cow bell a celebratory ring because we have a fever and there’s only one cure: more cowbell!
The rest of your day passes in a blur of phone conversations and your partner only comes up for air once to crack a quick joke, then you’re both diving back into the trenches. At the end of the day you feel like you’ve run a marathon, but you’re filled with pride and a sense of accomplishment over the job seekers you’ve placed in jobs, the clients you’ve served, and the relationships you’ve fostered in the community.
You pat yourself on the back and drive home with a stack of data entry to complete after dinner because you know tomorrow is going to be another busy day just like today, and "ain’t nobody got time for that!"
What’s in it for you?
With an uncapped commission structure, your earning potential is in your hands. Add this to a competitive base salary and some of the best training in the industry and you have an amazing career opportunity. We really value our strong culture at Carlton Staffing. We believe in hard work, having fun, celebrating our wins, and office camaraderie as whole. Add to that the 23 days of PTO, a day off for your birthday, 8 paid hours for volunteering, medical, dental, vision and plenty other benefits and you’ll understand that there’s no time to waste if you want this job!
1. High school diploma - Associate’s or Bachelor’s is ideal.
2. 2 - 3 years of experience in a customer-facing environment that requires self-management and multi-tasking.
3. Able to communicate effectively and clearly in writing and orally in both one-on-one and group presentation situations.
4. Able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
5. Must be able to operate well in a team environment.
6. Able to handle multiple problems simultaneously.
7. Excellent computer skills.
The REAL Deal
More than experience, we’re looking for someone with the right mentality and this is what that sounds like coming from you:
· "I build relationships on the phone, not email and texts."
· "Team or company event? Awesome! I love everybody and want to get to know them better!"
· "It would kill me to disappoint our client, our employee, or a teammate."
· "I show up ready to work-on time or early-so my team knows they can count on me."
· "I am always dressed in a way that communicates professionalism to my applicants, employees, customers, building friends and more."
· "’It’s not my job’ is not in my vocabulary."
· "I love challenges-bring it! I ain’t scared!"
· "I have enough courage to be honest, even in uncomfortable situations"
· "I genuinely care about others"
· "What? A new contest? Count me IN IT to WIN IT!"
If this doesn’t describe your mentality, you aren’t going to be happy here! But if the shoe fits, simply click apply and find out why the best in the industry have made Carlton their professional home and how we’ve earned the prestigious "Best of Staffing" award for the last seven years!
If this isn’t the role for you but you know someone who might be interested in hearing more about this, please share this job and who knows-you might be the guest they bring on the luxurious Pinnacle trip next year! #ZR1