* Quality inspectors are responsible for assuring that manufactured product meet API and customer requirements
* Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Operation requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
Duties and responsibilities
* Find the faults in both materials and the manufacturing process and help investigate the cause of the fault.
* Uses monitoring and measuring devices such as gauges to determine quality of product.
* Perform specific areas/job/processes audits to ensure compliance to internal, customer and regulated specifications
* Inspect processed material to ensure compliance with contract specification and work order
* Create and enter production data
* Assist in the inspection of processed material ensuring compliance with customer specifications and work order
* Perform specific departmental audits to ensure compliance to internal, customer and regulated specification
* Observe floor operations and ensure they comply with company, customer, and API requirements
* Adhere to company policies, department to SOPs and company QMS
* Other duties as assigned Qualifications & Required Skills
* Basic knowledge in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to learn new software applications
* Knowledge and understanding of API Q1, API 5CT, API 5B, and ISO 9001 preferred
* Some related experience in the pipe or oil and gas industry preferred
* Must be able to work fluctuating work schedules and extended work hours when required by workload, including weekends
* General math skills
* A High School diploma or equivalent preferred