Mass Tort Paralegal
We’re hiring a Mass Tort Paralegal for our Southwest Central Houston area client!
We are looking for an experienced, reliable, hard-working employee to join our client’s team!
DESCRIPTION OF YOUR DREAM JOB:
- Job Title: Mass Tort Paralegal
- Location: Southwest Central Houston area
- Pay: Up to $75K annually
- Hours: M-F, 9am to 5:30pm
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Description of Duties: Southwest Central Houston area company seeks a Mass Tort Paralegal for an immediate need. The Mass Tort Paralegal’s job duties consist of the following: Develop and implement changes to work-flow to optimize handling of high-volume cases. Review injury and usage aspects of legal claims. Analyze and verify the accuracy of large amounts of data. Effectively work with claimants to help facilitate the claims process. Order, review, and summarize medical records. Handle workflow of cases in case management system. Draft and send correspondence and legal communications. Gather, organize, and analyze critical case data and factual information. Conduct detailed client intakes. Handle all tasks associated with document production and distribution for attorneys. Draft correspondence including, Letters of representation, Notice of claims, Notice of Intentions, Bills of Particulars, responses to demands. Research medical and legal literature. Locate and interview medical experts. Serve as a liaison between law firms, medical experts and other parties. Contact Clients and opposing firms regarding examinations under oath and court calendar matters. Assist in trial preparation, including organizing and preparing trial exhibits, trial notebooks and binders. Organize client correspondence, prepare mailings and handle high call volume. Assist attorneys with client depositions. Work with a Team Lead to train the team in new Tort specific knowledge transfer and any new procedures. Working knowledge of mass tort litigation.
- Requirements: Paralegal Certification or AA in Paralegal Studies, 2+ years’ experience as a Mass Tort Paralegal, Experience and willingness to file cases in Federal Court. (strong consideration will be given to those with experience filing in various Federal Courts.). Experience with case management and document management. Team leadership and supervisory experience. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with any Billing Software. Excellent Proofreading Skills. Ability to Maintain Strict Confidentiality.
WHO WE ARE:
Carlton Staffing is a local staffing firm in Texas with 40 years of experience! We have connection with numerous hiring managers throughout Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth. An application with us is an open application with our rock-star clients. Don't wait another minute! Let our knowledgeable staff assist you today, visit www.carltonstaffing.com. #SWCJOBS
Pay: $74,000 to $75,000/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: SWC-MTP