Fuel Quality Field Technician
Fuel Quality Field Technician
To ensure high quality safe and ethical fuel quality services are delivered to the customers in the field and during all verbal and electronic communications. Further, to work directly with the Field Supervisor to complete all field operations safely while remaining fully compliant with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform all fuel quality services in the field as required.
- Measure volume of fuel and water in Underground Storage Tanks (UST) and Above Ground Storage Tanks (AST).
- Pull representative petroleum samples and analyze the samples for quality, particulate matter, microbial growth, and water.
- Visual inspection of tank openings, seals, probes, motors, caps and surrounding areas for damage, poor quality or required maintenance services.
- Under the supervision of the Field Supervisor, lockout tagout of main power to motor before removal.
- Pull Veeder Root reading from the customers monitoring systems.
- Under the supervision of the Field Supervisor, replace tank seals, probe fittings, tanks caps and other parts as required under our scope of services offered to our customers.
- Purge fuel lines from the retail dispensers to the UST/AST and replace filters on each dispenser.
- Perform water tolerance testing and ethanol extraction testing on field samples.
- Perform cleaning activities on fuels using multiple methods of polishing, filtering, and squeezing of the fuel to remove the impurities and water.
- Change filter pods (vessels) and coalescing filters on the truck.
- Communicate with customers in a professional and informative manner.
- Assist when requested with capture of all required site information onto a portable device, such as an I-Pad, to access internal ERP system for relaying all information pertaining to work performed, such as pictures of samples, etc.
- Report inventory shortages to the Field Supervisor to ensure full replenishment is arranged before the next assignment.
- Assist when requested with pre & post trip inspections of working truck. However, if you are assigned as the driver of the vehicle for that day, in that case you are to perform full pre and post trip inspection and report any deficiencies, either mechanical or safety related, immediately to management for service, repair, or maintenance. • Monitor all onboard working equipment for performance issues, breakdown, or wear and tear, and report any matters immediately to the Field Supervisor for service, repair, or maintenance.
- Cooperate with the pre-job safety analysis and participate to identify all known risks and apply all required control measures to work to ensure safety remains a focus during the entire assignment.
- Monitor ongoing of safety concerns while on site due to changing environment and risk levels.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and obey all Federal, State, and local traffic laws when operating a company motor vehicle.
- Any additional activities outlined by management from time to time.
Health & Safety
As an employee:
The employee is responsible to adhere to the company’s health and safety* requirements to ensure their own safety and the safety of their colleagues by:
- participating in risk assessment processes in the workplace.
- completing required health and safety training and certifications.
- following safe work practices and procedures and use personal protective equipment (PPE) when required.
- inspecting equipment and the workplace regularly and actively eliminating hazards.
- reporting accidents, incidents, injuries, near misses, safety risks and issues of non-compliance with health and safety procedures according to internal procedure.
- developing the safety culture at own workplace and cooperating with others on matters relating to health and safety.
The position will be measured against
- This position will be required to maintain accurate safety standards during all operations in the field and while operating the company vehicle transportation.
- Key performance Indicators, as updated from time to time, will be required to be met and will be measured and tracked throughout the year.
- Accuracy and completeness of mandatory training requirements.
- Completion of planned targets, goals, and objectives for the relevant year.
- High school certificate of graduation.
- Ability to learn the ERP systems (Fuel Quality Portal).
- Computer literate, specifically strong skills with working within Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand and stay current with the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prior experience in handling petroleum products.
- Ability to travel domestically, occasionally for overnight stays.
- Service oriented and safety minded.
- Can easily co-operate across organization lines internally and towards customers.
- Structured, proactive, and solution-oriented approach to each assignment.
- Good command of the English language (spoken and written).
- Team player and professional credibility.
This job operates in both office and field environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, I-Pads and field equipment such as pumps, filter pods, hoses, samples and sampling devices, UST/AST lids and equipment, general working tools.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly.
- exposed to a noise level this is medium.
- exposed to outside weather conditions.
- exposed to wet and humid conditions.
- moving mechanical parts.
- chemicals, petroleum products and smells.
WHO WE ARE:
Carlton Staffing is a local staffing firm in Texas with 40 years of experience! We have connection with numerous hiring managers throughout Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth. An application with us is an open application with our rock-star clients. Don't wait another minute! Let our knowledgeable staff assist you today, visit www.carltonstaffing.com. #SEJobs
Pay: $20 to $24/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: SE-FQ