Fuel Quality Field Assistant
FQD Field Assistant
Our client is looking for a Field Assistant for their Fuel Quality Division in the Gulf Coast area.
Our client has been offering environmental services for more than 23 years, with specific focus on the Fuel Quality industry for the past 8 years. The Fuel Quality Division is the premier mobile tank cleaning and fuel polishing company servicing the United States. They offer state of the art technology to clean and polish fuel at any fueling site or alternate power generator location.
The company’s mission is to aspire to be recognized as the premier provider of environmental services and solutions as a single source solution provider.
You will be guided by the supervising technician and assist in delivering high quality, safe and ethical fuel quality services to the customers in the field and during all verbal and electronic communications. Further, to work directly with the Field Supervisor to complete all field operations safely while remaining fully compliant with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist as required with all fuel quality services in the field.
- Measure volume of fuel and water in Underground Storage Tanks (UST) and Above Ground Storage Tanks (AST).
- Pull representative petroleum samples and under supervision, analyze the samples for quality, particulate matter, microbial growth, and water.
- Visual inspection of tank openings, seals, probes, motors, caps and surrounding areas for damage, poor quality or required maintenance services.
- Under the supervision of the Field Supervisor, lockout tagout of main power to motor before removal.
- Under the supervision of the Field Supervisor, replace tank seals, probe fittings, tanks caps and other parts as required under our scope of services offered to our customers.
- Assist with the purge of the fuel lines from the retail dispensers to the UST/AST and filters replacement on each dispenser.
- Change filter pods (vessels) and assist with the change of coalescing filters on the truck.
- Communicate with customers in a professional and informative manner.
- Assist when requested with the capture all required site information onto a portable device, such as an I-Pad, to access internal ERP system for relaying all information pertaining to work performed, such as pictures of samples, etc.
- Report inventory shortages to the Field Supervisor to ensure full replenishment is arranged before the next assignment.
- Assist the Field Supervisor when requested with pre & post trip inspections of working truck.
- Monitor all onboard working equipment for performance issues, breakdown, or wear and tear, and report any matters immediately to the Field Supervisor for service, repair, or maintenance.
- Cooperate with the pre-job safety analysis and participate to identify all known risks and apply all required control measures to work to ensure safety remains a focus during the entire assignment.
- Monitor ongoing of safety concerns while on site due to changing environment and risk levels.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and obey all Federal, State, and local traffic laws when operating a company motor vehicle.
- Any additional activities outlined by management from time to time.
- Report and capturing all details of accidents/incidents/near misses.
- Participate and monitor updated Risk Assessments for your areas of responsibility.
- Highschool certificate of graduation.
- Computer literate, specifically strong skills with working within Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand and stay current with the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to travel domestically, occasionally for overnight stays.
- Service oriented and safety minded.
- Can easily co-operate across organization lines internally and towards customers.
- Structured, proactive, and solution-oriented approach to each assignment.
- Good command of the English language (spoken and written).
- Team player and professional credibility.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
This job operates in both office and field environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, I-Pads, and field equipment such as pumps, filter pods, hoses, samples and sampling devices, UST/AST lids and equipment, general working tools.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly.
- exposed to a noise level this is medium.
- exposed to outside weather conditions.
- exposed to wet and humid conditions.
- moving mechanical parts.
- chemicals, petroleum products and smells.
Benefits: Company offer employees employer-funded dollars to customize their benefits.
Remuneration: Compensatory with experience.
Paid vacation, PTO and Sick Leave.
Probationary period: 120 days
WHO WE ARE:
Carlton Staffing is a local staffing firm in Texas with 40 years of experience! We have connection with numerous hiring managers throughout Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth. An application with us is an open application with our rock-star clients. Don't wait another minute! Let our knowledgeable staff assist you today, visit us online at www.carltonstaffing.com, in person at 12621 Featherwood, Suite 130, Houston 77034, or via phone at 281-464-8800! #SEJOBS
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: SE-FQA