Diesel Mechanic - Entry Level and Sr. Level Available
We’re hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our Southeast Houston area client!
We are looking for an experienced, reliable, hard-working employee to join our client’s team!
DESCRIPTION OF YOUR DREAM JOB:
- Job Title: Diesel Mechanic
- Location: Southeast Houston area
- Pay: $24-30 per hour DOE
- Hours: 7am to 5pm
- Duration: Temp-to-hire or direct hire
- Description of Duties: Busy Southeast Houston area company seeks a Diesel Mechanic to begin work immediately on a temp-to-hire assignment. Job duties include: Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications. Repair and replace damaged or worn parts. Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects. Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs. Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools. Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles. Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges. Schedule maintenance for industrial machines and equipment, and keep equipment service records. Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings. Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency. Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace sub assemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes. Adjust and maintain industrial machinery, using control and regulating devices.
- Requirements: Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 lbs. occasionally and frequently exert 100 lbs. of force to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects. Knowledge of Diesel Engine and Hydraulic System diagnostics and preventive maintenance. 3+ years’ experience in a related field. BILINGUAL IN SPANISH IS A HUGE PLUS!
Pay: $24 to $30/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: SE-DM