CNC Machinist Position
* The CNC Operator will set up, program and operate machines used during the manufacturing of tubular pipe.
* Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Operation requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
Duties and responsibilities
* Start and prepare machine for production
* Start machine to warm up for production
* Check all fluid levels
* Load or verify proper thread program is loaded
* Check to ensure tooling/thread inserts are available and correct
* Complete first article thread end before shift start
* Responsible for input of offsets in program to ensure thread conformance during production
* Responsible to clean machine and area daily at the end of each shift
* Responsible for completing production documents at the end of each shift daily and submitting to Supervisor
* Check out inserts per job and return inserts to Supervisor.
* Ensure all company policies surrounding health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met
* Other duties as assigned Qualifications & Required Skills
* Employee must be able to work with a flexible or rotating schedule which may require over-time when needed
* Knowledge of general manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery
* Must be able to lift 30 pounds
* Manual dexterity required for operating, machinery, hand tools and hand held technical devices
* Must demonstrate Safe Working Habits
* Some related experience in the pipe or oil and gas industry preferred Education
* A High School Diploma or equivalent preferred