How would you like to work in a dynamic, value-driven team environment, where your contributions are recognized and celebrated? What if the investment in your professional development was as important to the organization as it is to you? Add a hybrid work schedule, full benefits and a bonus program…. sounds amazing, right!? Keep reading!
Carlton Staffing is adding an Accounting Manager to their Corporate team. Reporting directly to the President, the right person will be committed to the success of the company, detail oriented, and will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting, and reporting activities for Carlton Staffing. Experience in staffing is a plus.
No one is just a number here – every person contributes to our success and we are dedicated to celebrating our team members – we are consistently recognized as a Best Places to Work, and Best & Brightest company. Our customers feel this difference, as is evidenced by our winning Best of Staffing for eleven years in a row.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead all day-to-day finance operations.
- Supervise all accounting functions including G/L, Financial reporting, A/P, Collections, A/R, and Payroll.
- Ensure that the company has the systems and procedures in place to support the internal financial metrics required by senior management and will work closely with business leaders.
- Responsible for all accounting and reporting activities including month, quarter and year-end.
- Consolidate the monthly financial results.
- Lead the annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting process.
- Produce the annual budget and forecasts; report significant budget differences to management.
- Ensure financial results are compliant with corporate accounting policies and GAAP.
- Monitor performance against budget and prior year.
- Manage the general ledger.
- Perform the daily bank reconciliation.
- Manage the accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Coordinate and manage the monthly business reviews with the various business units.
- Document, implement and maintain adequate and effective internal controls.
- Coordinate weekly cash projections.
- Calculate monthly, quarterly, and annual sales commissions.
- Coordinate the annual preparation of the federal and state tax returns with the outside CPA firms.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings and reporting.
- Review and give final approval for submission of required tax documentation.
- Responsible for all contract negotiations for company insurance programs, including health care, workers’ compensation, property, umbrella, etc.
- Responsible for the company’s banking relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration with an emphasis in Accounting; CPA is preferred but not required
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting standards.
- Experience working in a recruitment/staffing business preferred.
- Ideal candidate has at least 5 years of Accounting Management experience.
- Strong leadership experience.
- History of developing and directing business processes, systems, and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen controls.
- Previous experience with income tax compliance and tax provisions.
If you’re still reading, we should be talking! Reach out to Annette Monks at email@example.com to learn more about what your next career move could look like! And, if this is not for you, we’d be honored if you forwarded to this someone who might be interested.
About Carlton Staffing
Carlton Staffing is a full-service staffing firm with over 40 years of experience providing real staffing solutions to leading businesses and job seekers of the Greater Houston area.
Job Status: Full Time