One of our clients in Southeast Houston is looking for some Motor Winders for a Temp to hire opportunity.
This client specializes in new, remanufactured and repaired AC and DC motors and generators for the oil & gas, dredging, paper, petrochemical, mining, utilities and transportation industries.
This position works independently and with other operators to maintain the day-to-day work orders under the direction of the Winding Shop Supervisor.
Role and Responsibilities
·Re-wind various types of electro-mechanical equipment including, but not limited to single-phase, three-phase, armatures and wound rotors
·Inspect various types of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions
· This position should have the ability to dismantle, strip and record coil data for AC and DC machines (motors/generators)
· Cut out or remove defective coils, record data, and remove insulation from core slots
· Cut and form insulation and insert insulation into rotor, stator or armature slots
· Install and align formed or random coils in slots of stators, rotors or armatures
· Replace defective coil leads and solder/braze connections of coils in specified sequence
· Test condition of windings according to EASA standards
· Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect refurnished parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions
· Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment according to EASA standards and document test results
· Operate specialized repair and testing equipment including, but not limited to winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various handheld power and non-power tools, etc.
· Trains and assists others to complete different jobs in the winding department
· Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear
· Attend regular monthly safety and training meetings
· Strong attention to detail, organized and computer literate
· Maintain a clean work area
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to speak English and Spanish a plus
· 2+ years of experience in winding AC and DC Motors and generators
· High school diploma or GED equivalent