Carlton Staffing is committed to your success!
Carlton Staffing is currently seeking an Equipment Operator for a growing electrical construction firm located in Fort Worth, Texas.
This is a direct hire opportunity with the client!
Pay range is between $31,000 and $38,000 depending on experience.
The Equipment Operator will be responsible for performing skilled work in the underground construction and maintenance of electrical distribution and service lines. Position is 5-day work week, 40-50 hours and on call as needed. Travel may also be required.1 year minimum electric distribution construction experience required.
- Must be able to operate track hoes, trenchers and possibly rubber-tire backhoes.
- Position requires digging to expose faulted or failed equipment or for installation of new equipment. Requires basic skills in math.
- Must be able to fluently read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Must follow all safe work practices.
- If not certified, will be required to attend certification courses.
- Minimum 1 yr experience required.
- Required to have a valid Texas Driver License in good standing throughout their employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Additional formal or occupational education focused on electrical services and construction is helpful.
- State wide travel preferable.
- Class A CDL Preferred.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces.
- Must be able to move freely, including ability to stoop, crawl, and bend at the knees and waist.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to climb utility poles.
- May be required to work long and unpredictable hours.
- Position requires working outdoors in all types of weather.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing.