| COST ACCOUNTANT JOB DESCRIPTION |
Under general direction, performs cost analyses, audits, and reporting associated with the cost accounting function. Collect costing data, Analyze, Report, Plan, and Execute corrective action.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Plans study and collects data to determine costs of business activity, such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor and analyze the impact of those costs on the operational entity.
* Analyzes data obtained and records results. Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
* Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
* Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
* Establish the inventory value of finished products with the organization.
* Provide expected cost profiles to use for existing or new customers to the organization.
* Aid in establishing Key Performance Indicator Reports and maintain the foundational data of those KPIs.
* May require availability outside of normal business hours.
* Ad hoc reporting as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
EDUCATION: Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; however, additional related work experience will be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a minimum of 1 to 3 years of related experience to successfully perform the duties of this job.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: Not Applicable
Decisions require detailed analysis and consideration of various factors to develop successful solutions.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS:
Decisions will have a significant impact on the work area/department and financial health of the company.
Work is substantially complex and varied and requires the interpretation of technical and detailed guidelines, policies and procedures in combination. Analytic ability is required to gather and interpret data to provide solutions after carefully analyzing several facts.
Solves problems but decisions are varied based upon judgment for particular situations. The partner must apply theory and practical application to resolve problems.
FREEDOM OF ACTION
Works under supervision with periods of relative autonomy and general review. The position has the latitude to select techniques/processes within defined departmental objectives and procedures to complete tasks.
Internal communication is required on a weekly with Professional or Supervisor level positions. Communication requires substantial sensitivity and cooperation and involves considerable explanation and persuasion of standard issues; (e.g., basic project interaction). Must be able to respond to detailed inquiries.
No major sources of discomfort (e.g., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by partners assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.